What are the benefits of being a Member of CAS?
The Cornwall Archaeological Society, with its roots extending back to the West Cornwall Field Club (founded in 1935), is the leading organisation for Cornwall’s archaeologists, both amateur and professional. As well as the opportunity to meet other people with an interest in Cornish Archaeology, society membership will get you:
- Annual Journal
- 3 Newsletters per year
- Monthly programme of walks through Cornwall
- Programme of winter talks in Truro and Liskeard
- Annual conference
- Opportunities to take part in excavations and other fieldwork and research
- Access to the Member’s Area on this website which contains:
- The latest Journals
- Back issues of the society newsletter
- Other CAS publications
- Minutes and notes of Committee and Panel meetings
- Guidance is provided on how to use the Cornwall Council Internet Mapping and the Cornwall and Scilly Historic Environment Record
- Members News Desk
- Access to information about other archaeological activities and events in Cornwall and Scilly
- Discount for UK students
Who Can Join
Anyone can join the Society, subject to the formal approval of the committee. The annual subscription payable on the 1st January is:
Single Membership: £25.00
Double Membership: £32.50
(Two people at one address, one journal annually)
Full time student member: £18.00
Overseas: additional £5.00
How To Join
You can join via paypal or by sending a cheque.
If you are a returning member, there is no need to fill out another form unless your information has changed. If you are making the payment for somebody else, just email firstname.lastname@example.org, with their details.
You can also request a standing order mandate form from the membership secretary.
To pay by cheque, please download and print the Membership application form (PDF), complete it and send it with a cheque for your subscription fee to:
Cornwall Archaeological Society.
18 St Sulien,
Cornwall PL30 5EB