What are the benefits of being a Member of CAS?
The Cornwall Archaeological Society, with its roots extending back to the West Cornwall Field Club (founded in 1935), is the leading organisation for Cornwall’s archaeologists, both amateur and professional. As well as the opportunity to meet other people with an interest in Cornish Archaeology, society membership will get you:
- Annual Journal
- 3 Newsletters per year
- Monthly programme of walks through Cornwall
- Programme of winter talks in Truro and Liskeard
- Annual conference
- Opportunities to take part in excavations and other fieldwork and research
- Access to the Member’s Area on this website which contains:
- The latest Journals
- Back issues of the society newsletter
- Other CAS publications
- Minutes and notes of Committee and Panel meetings
- Guidance is provided on how to use the Cornwall Council Internet Mapping and the Cornwall and Scilly Historic Environment Record
- Members News Desk
- Access to information about other archaeological activities and events in Cornwall and Scilly
- Discount for UK students
Who Can Join
Anyone over the age of 16 can join the Society, subject to the formal approval of the committee. The annual subscription payable on the 1st January is:
Single Membership: £25.00
Double Membership: £32.50
(Two people at one address, one journal annually)
Full time student member: £18.00
(without physical journal)
Overseas: £40 including receipt of hard copy journal and newsletters or;
£25 for electronic access to journals and newsletters only
How To Join
You can join via paypal or by sending a cheque.
If you are taking out a new membership, please also complete the Membership Application Form (UK) or Membership Application Form (Overseas) and return by email to: email@example.com. You can also print and post to the address below.
You can also request a standing order mandate form from the membership secretary.
If paying by PayPal, please select the appropriate Membership type from the drop down menu, click ‘Buy now’ , and enter your name in the ‘Description’ box.
To pay by cheque, please send to the below address, along with your Membership form if you are a new member or want to update your details:
Cornwall Archaeological Society.
18 St Sulien,
Cornwall PL30 5EB